Management of Risk (M_o_R®): Guidance for Practitioners 3rd Edition
- TSO (The Stationery Office)
Management of Risk (M_o_R®) is part of the Global Best Practice suite of publications, which helps organizations and individuals manage their projects, programmes and services consistently and effectively.
Taking and managing risk is essential for organizations to achieve their business objectives. M_o_R provides a route map for embedding cost-effective, best-practice risk management that can help organizations improve service delivery and achieve real value for money. It will be useful for those who manage risks, anyone with responsibility for reviewing and improving risk management, and for integrating risk management activities across an organization.
The guide brings together risk management principles, an approach, a process with a set of interrelated steps. It supports decision-making and advises how these principles, approach and process should be embedded, reviewed and applied within different risk contexts.
Describes how risk management applies to strategic, project or programme, and operational objectives
Improves competitive advantage by actively managing potential threats and opportunities
Provides a step-by-step framework for managing risks
Demonstrates how successful risk management can contribute to fewer unwelcome surprises, more efficient use of resources, better service delivery and lower capital costs
Includes real-life examples of how to apply the M_o_R principles, approach and process
Identifies detailed sources of advice for risk management techniques and specialisms
This publication is the manual from which the syllabus and the examinations are set and supports the M_o_R qualification.
Did you know that the Practitioner exam for this certification is open-book?
Effective from 13 April until 31 Dec 2021*, the use of printed out versions of Official AXELOS PDFs, and the use of PDFs or official eBooks on a second e-device (portable digital devices such as smartphones, tablets or laptops), is permitted when sitting an open-book exam that is proctored by PeopleCert:
Read the important details (opens in new window)
*these changes will be reviewed accordingly at the end of December, taking into consideration the situation at that time.
|Format||Published||19 Jan 2011|
Find similar publications here:
- AXELOS Global Best Practice
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MSP Programme Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > PRINCE2 Project Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > ITIL
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOR Risk Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > P3O Portfolio, Programme and Project O
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOP Portfolio Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > MOV - Value Management
- ITIL 2007 Edition
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > AXELOS Promotions
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > Translations
- IT Service Management - ITIL
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- MOR Risk Management
- MSP Programme Management
- P3O Portfolio, Programme and Project O
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > RESILIA
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > PRINCE2 Agile
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > Subscription Packs
- AXELOS Global Best Practice > AXELOS Membership
- PRINCE2 Agile