- Latest Titles
- Featured Titles
Hospitals play an important role in the health care system. They
are health care institutions that have an organized medical and other
professional staff, and inpatient facilities, and deliver medical, nursing and
related services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
This is the second edition of the World Health Organization (WHO) handbook on the safe, sustainable and affordable management of health-care waste - commonly known as "the Blue Book".
This volume examines why hospitals collaborate with each other and with other health care actors across borders in Europe.
This book was selected "British Medical Association Medical Book of the Year 2014" and was awarded "First prize" in the paediatrics category of the British Medical Association Medical Book Awards 2014..
he Pocket Book is for use by doctors, nurses and other health workers who are responsible for the care of young children at the first level referral hospitals.
This manual is in two parts. Volume 1, a basic reference text covers ultrasound techniques, recognition of normal anatomical features and differential diagnosis.
Volume 2 covers paediatric examinations, gynaecology and musculoskeletal examinations, as well as therapy.
Unsafe health care remains a problem of immense magnitude worldwide.
The development of solutions and initiatives aimed at driving change towards greater patient safety has become a pressing need, and is recognized by the public health community.
Hospitals are one of the essential institutions that must continue to function when an emergency event occurs.
In spite of its importance, health facilities are themselves vulnerable to disasters and can get damaged, risking the lives of patients and health workers.
This booklet which includes a CD-ROM should enable any health-care worker to facilitate a workshop on patient safety.
This workshop explores how multiple weaknesses present within the hospital system can lead to error.
This manual is designed to be used by the trainee at Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases and Good Laboratory Practice training workshops.
It contains an introduction which highlights the history of the OECD principles of GLP, and the fundamental points.
World Health Organization
- Building and Infrastructure
- Business and Management
- AXELOS Global Best Practice
- Coming Soon
- AXELOS Promotions
- ITIL 4
- ITIL Capability
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- PRINCE2 Agile
- MSP Programme Management
- MOP Portfolio Management
- MOR Risk Management
- MOV - Value Management
- P3O Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices
- ITIL Self-Assessment
- RESILIA FRONTLINE
- Online Access
- AXELOS Membership
- AXELOS Training Courses
- Financial Conduct Authority FCA
- HM Revenue & Customs
- International Best Practice
- Project Management Institute PMI
- AXELOS Global Best Practice
- Geography and Environment
- Pain & Injury - Coping Guidance
- Musculoskeletal Medicine
- National Minimum Standards and Regulations
- British Standards
- Campden BRI
- Chilled Foods Association
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment Guides
- Fire Service
- Food Standards Agency
- Health and Safety Executive
- International Organisations
- Council of Europe
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- International Monetary Fund
- United Nations
- World Bank
- World Health Organization
- World Tourism Organization
- Police & Criminal Law
- Life in the UK
- The Gazette
- Parliament & Legislation
- Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Carriage Of Dangerous Goods
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA)
- Police Foundation